Old October 20th 10, 12:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Crossrail to go ahead

"Paul Scott" wrote in message:

"Ian F." wrote:
As subject.

You mean it will continue 'going ahead' surely? Crossrail has already
started in a number of areas.

Positive news about Crossrail has been widely expected, and trailed by
various sources, not least by Boris, for the last few weeks...

Indeed - we wait to see if any part of it has been significantly descoped,
but the various murmurs suggest such a thing isn't going to happen (which is
good because it'd be shortsighted and just create massive problems in the
future).

Nowt said about Thameslink - I dare say that at least parts of Key Output 2
of the project might be shelved (e.g. the extensive Bermondsey diveunder
plans).