Old October 20th 10, 01:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Crossrail to go ahead

"Paul Scott" wrote:

"Mizter T" wrote:

Nowt said about Thameslink - I dare say that at least parts of Key Output
2 of the project might be shelved (e.g. the extensive Bermondsey
diveunder plans).

He has positively confirmed the various NW infill electrification schemes,
relevant in context because AIUI the services are planned to soak up a
majority of the existing Thameslink fleet...

Yes, so new stock for Thameslink - but it's just a question of 'how much'
Thameslink there will be.

(The idea of a common-ish stock type for both Thameslink and Crossrail gets
a regular airing here and there, and seems fairly sensible - though I'm
unclear if the respective timetables will mesh well enough for one to be a
follow on order from the other?)