Old October 20th 10, 09:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default Two "Street" stations in a row: prospective quiz question

MIG wrote on 20 October 2010 22:00:54 ...
On 20 Oct, 18:47, "Richard wrote:
Basil wrote on 20 October 2010
17:03:17 ...

On 2010\10\20 16:49, Graham Harrison wrote:

wrote in message
Gah! I just remembered Warren Street and Goodge Street.
I was *thinking* of Baker Street and Bond Street!
Back to the attic!

How about

Which is the only London Underground line which boasts two towns along
its' route where each town has precisely two stations? I believe the
answer is the Piccadilly with Ruislip/Ruislip Manor and Sudbury
Hill/Sudbury Town. The question may need tweaking to make it clearer. I
used the word "precisely" to eliminate the 3 Hounslows but I'm not sure
about use of "town".

There are several such station pairs on the District, namely Ealing,
Putney, Wimbledon, Dagenham, Upminster, Bow and conceivably Ham. Your
question doesn't specify that the line should have only a pair of pairs.

Putney doesn't count as Putney Bridge station isn't in Putney.

I didn't think it had to be in the same town.

"where each town has precisely two stations" must surely mean that the
town contains the two stations.

I suppose this would rule out Gate on the Central.

Correct. Unless you think there's a town/suburb/district in London
called Gate.
--
Richard J.