Old January 30th 04, 05:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default graffiti

(Chippy) wrote the following in:

Robin May wrote in message
. 1.4...
(trainspotter) wrote the following in:
om

what do you all think of graffiti?

It's generally ****. The graffiti you get on the tube is not the
artistic sort of graffiti, it's just rubbish looking tags and
meaningless things scratched in windows.

The 'tagging' variety is indicative of a mentality like that of a
dog urinating against a lamppost.

I agree.

The 'artistic' variety indicates that the perpetrator labours
under the delusion that he has some degree of talent.

I believe I've mentioned it before, but there is a foot bridge over the
District line near me that seems to be a designated location for people
to do graffiti, and the people who've done things there really do have
talent (I should probably take some photos of it actually).
Unfortunately I can't really think of anywhere else that I've seen
stuff of the same quality, so I suppose the vast majority of graffiti
probably is just rubbish.

--
message by Robin May, enforcer of sod's law.
Enjoy the Routemaster while you still can.

Crime is confusing.