Old October 21st 10, 07:47 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default More Oyster Woes ...

On Oct 21, 7:47*pm, Offramp wrote:
In the Standard's reportage of this incident today at
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...e-23890197-.do
there is a phrase that hit my head like an elbow:
"The Jubilee line opened a year late and only just in time for the
Millennium Dome celebrations. It cost more than £2 billion to build."
I thought the Jubilee Line Extension opened ahead of schedule. New
Year's Day 1999/2000 was not originally part of the deadline. Or am I
wrong?

It was late - the tabloid version of history has it that Blair brought
in Bechtel to ensure it got finished on time (where on time was
'before the bloody chimes strike on the new millennium'!).