Old October 23rd 10, 09:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Ken Wilshire[_2_] Ken Wilshire[_2_] is offline

Default Closest Bus Stops on Same Route

On 22 Oct, 19:40, "Robin" wrote:
I measured it - from the end of the westerly stop to the front of the
easterly stop is 110m (ok - *it felt like under 100m). *The easterly
stop has no markings - it is nearly up to the traffic lights in the
first of three lanes at the mouth of the junction. *The stop beyond
the junction was a bit further than I thought - maybe on the day I was
on it, it pulled up a bit early!

Fair enough - though in mitigation may I plead that I was trying to
measure between the 2 bus stop posts and flags[1]? *If you are taking
the shortest distance between the cages[1] on the road (where there is a
cage) the answers will be different. *IIRC TFL aim for a minimum of 33m
cage.

[1] I hope I've recalled the right terminology but in case I've
cocked-up by "cage" I mean the box painted on the road

--
Robin
PM may be sent to rbw0{at}hotmail{dot}com

Robin

Yes - they have just extended the cage of the westbound stop to at
least 33m in length and extended it towards the A24 junction - so the
gap literally has ootten shorter by the day (well once on one day) so
my bus didn't pull up short, it pulled up in the new boxed area...