Old October 27th 10, 10:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default ABBey 1234 (020 7222 1234) enquiry number is no more

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 12:33:14AM -0700, MIG wrote:

Which makes sense from a billing point of view. It leaves the
question: why would it cost the mobile company more to connect to one
of these numbers than to connect to any other number?

Because they get billed more by TfL's telco.

However, them charging 20p+ a minute instead of just 5p a minute is
"because we can".

--
David Cantrell | Minister for Arbitrary Justice

The word "urgent" is the moral of the story "The boy who cried wolf". As
a general rule I don't believe it until a manager comes to me almost in
tears. I like to catch them in a cup and drink them later.
-- Matt Holiab, in the Monastery