Old July 15th 03, 09:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Information about Route 187

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 20:03:15 GMT, "Richard J."
wrote:

[stop names in TfL jny planner]
AFAIK the names used on the JP are the same as those displayed on the bus
stops. If you don't know the name for the stop, you can always enter the
road name as an address.

Well yes I worked out that I can put my address in. What it then does is
tell me to walk (up hill) to Walthamstow Central when I can quite easily
get a bus to another local tube station. I cannot force the system to
offer me the local bus option.

Also why I do need to learn the name of my local bus stop? If I was a
car driver with no knowledge of buses but had to make use of one I'd be
pretty unimpressed with a journey planner that expects me to know the
terminology that TfL employ rather than the name of the road the stop is
on.

But that was the point of my previous post. You *can* just enter the name
of the road the stop is on (as an address). It will probably ask you where
on the road you mean, e.g. junction with road X or road Y or whatever. You
can also force it to offer the bus option by unticking the boxes for
Underground and National Rail under More Options.
--
Richard J.