Old November 2nd 10, 06:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default London Commuters

In message , at 22:30:19 on
Mon, 1 Nov 2010, Paul Corfield remarked:
Have you noticed the XTP screens around the Underground?

I don't know if I've seen them, because I don't know what XTP means.

Cross (X) Track Projection. The great big monitor things hanging from
the ceilings that project on to blank advert panels on the trackside
walls. They're at various Central London locations.

In that case I think my answer would be "yes I have seen the projectors,
because they often get in the way of other signage - but I don't recall
ever seeing whatever it is that they are projecting. Maybe that's
because what they project is indistinguishable from the traditional
posters on the wall, or maybe that they weren't switched on, I really
don't remember.

Given the ever-increasing extent to which the running-information
screens are obscured by other "roof furniture", perhaps these XTPs could
be re-purposed to show something useful, like a range of travel
information? It could be paid for by sponsorship.