Old November 2nd 10, 12:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Offramp Offramp is offline

Default Victoria LU ticket windows & machines closed weekend just gone

On 1 Nov, 20:55, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Mon, 1 Nov 2010 12:26:01 -0700 (PDT), Mizter T
wrote:

I'm curious as to why the LU ticket windows and ticket machines at
Victoria (in their temporary home on the forecourt of the station)
were closed this past weekend? Passing through the tube station I
heard a PA announcement about how pax could buy tickets at the far end
of their journey, and then later saw the closure flagged on the
results of a journey planner query.

As far as I could see from a quick glance there wasn't any obvious
physical reason for them to be closed (e.g. obstruction etc), so my
guess would be that the power supply (and/or comms) was cut off for
some reason as a result of the works going on at the station - but I'd
be interested to know the actual explanation for it.

I thought it was to allow a move of all of the machines to the
reconstructed ticket office downstairs. I haven't been through Victoria
today so can't confirm if there is a new office in place or not. It was
a planned closure not some emergency problem.
--
Paul C

Any idea what happened at the D&C end of the station? Also, there are
three ticket machines downstairs at the bottom of the Wicked Exit.