Old November 2nd 10, 09:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Wifi on the tube

On Tue, 2 Nov 2010, Roland Perry wrote:

In message i, at 21:39:35
on Mon, 1 Nov 2010, Tom Anderson remarked:

Seriously, though, have a go:

http://wap.tfl.gov.uk/planner

It's designed for tiny screens. I used to use it on my Sony Ericsson
T68i, which had a 101x80 screen. Even if you haven't got a data plan,
it generates so little traffic that it won't cost you much.

I gave it a try earlier today. The thing which defeated me was finding a
key to press with the "enter" or "send" function. So having got to the
right enquiry page, and typed in a station name, I was stranded with no
obvious way forward. (I'm sure it's obvious to others... please tell
me!)

I tentatively guess that you have a couple of so-called 'soft keys'
underneath the screen, somewhere near your call and hang up buttons. Each
of those will correspond to some kind of action on the page; this should
be displayed on the screen. What kind of phone do you have?

Examination of my online bill shows that this lack of completed enquiry cost
me 30p.

Yeah, that's not ideal value.

tom

--