Old November 3rd 10, 09:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Wifi on the tube

In message , at 21:25:27 on Tue, 2
Nov 2010, Walter Briscoe remarked:
I gave it a try earlier today. The thing which defeated me was finding
a key to press with the "enter" or "send" function. So having got to
the right enquiry page, and typed in a station name, I was stranded
with no obvious way forward. (I'm sure it's obvious to others... please
tell me!)

Examination of my online bill shows that this lack of completed enquiry
cost me 30p.

The good news is that 30p is apparently for "unlimited web access all
day". So something good has come out of this episode; that's something I
will definitely use more often.

Underneath "Full post code, stop or station",
On the left, I see a box to complete and to its right, there is a "Find"
button.

What did you see?

Sorry, I was misremembering. I couldn't get the wap.tfl thing typed in
properly (screen too small without my glasses!) So I was using a
bookmark for wap.nationalrail.co.uk which I found to my surprise on the
phone (I must have tried it before).

On my PC, wap.nationalrail.co.uk auto-redirects to the wap.tfl site, but
on my phone ends up with a four-line menu, with no means to select which
menu line I want. The screen is almost completely a white background
with no soft-buttons showing.

But it's probably a red herring, because now I have managed to type in
the wap.tfl url.

That has the "Find" button and a soft-menu for "Select". And I can move
the focus to the "Find" button using the cursor keys, but this is
hampered by the fact that the "Find" button isn't highlighted in any
when when it has the focus on it (you can only tell because the focus is
missing elsewhere on the screen).