Old November 9th 10, 10:00 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
martin martin is offline

Default Travelcard on HS1

On Nov 7, 1:05*pm, "tim...." wrote:
"Ivor" wrote in message

On Sun, 7 Nov 2010 09:45:58 -0000, "tim...."
wrote:

If you didn't have a ticket for HS1, how did you expect to get through the
barriers to get on/off the train?

Perhaps the explanation"One can take a peek at Stratford International
and partake in the unusual shuttle bus ride through the building site
that links it to Stratford (Regional) station without riding on the
Highspeed trains " gives it away?

That bit I got, but the PP said "Being too much of a cheapskate to pay a
fiver to get to Central London, and grumbling a bit about there being no
supplement to a weekly travelcard, I retraced my steps and took the Central
Line instead"

Implying that he actually wated to go to Liverpool Street, not just take a
peek at the station.

Bit of both. If there was a reasonable ( £2.50, say) supplement to a
Travelcard for HS1 to St Pancras, I'd have bought that. If I could
have had a look around the station for free, I might have done that
too. As neither was available, I continued my journey another day.