Old November 9th 10, 10:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jamie Thompson Jamie  Thompson is offline

Default Barriers gone - platforms 8-11 at Euston

On Nov 9, 10:38*pm, Tim Woodall wrote:
The barriers have gone at platforms 8-11 at Euston. There are numerous
new oyster points.

Very pleasant surprise. First time that there hasn't been a queue to get
off the platform and at the time I'm arriving the barriers are always
open anyway (c07:25). Admittedly my train started at Watford Junction
this morning so there were a lot fewer people on the train than normal.

Are the barriers permanently gone or will they be coming back?

Tim.

and there was light.

*http://www.woodall.me.uk/

The corner office is being removed to apparently double the number of
gates. Not entirely sure how that adds up given the size of the office
is quite small, but that's the plan.