Old November 15th 10, 04:40 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Denis McMahon[_3_] Denis McMahon[_3_] is offline

Default Waterloo concourse ideas - NR press release

On 15/11/10 15:19, Paul Scott wrote:

NR have announced their initial ideas about moving the concourse
catering/retail outlets at Waterloo up to first floor level, with
escalator connections etc, freeing up space for passenger circulation.

Ultimately this will be financed out of the pockets of travelling
passengers or taxpayers (or both), for I suspect little actual benefit
apart from the introduction of new bottlenecks between the concourse and
the mezzanine, a longer journey through the station if you want to shop,
and less revenue for some of the outlets due to loss of passing trade
and impulse purchases, so prices will go up or outlets will cease
trading and fares will go up to cover the drop in revenue from letting
the outlets.

In my opinion this is not the time to be undertaking this sort of
capital project.

Rgds

Denis McMahon