Old November 15th 10, 06:55 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
[email protected] Mait001@aol.com is offline

Default Waterloo concourse ideas - NR press release

It seems that this is another example of Network Rail wanting to turn
a prime site into a shopping centre, but just about tolerating
passengers (as being the prime source of customers for the shops).
What's really needed is small booths selling coffee etc. at platform
level for those of us compelled to use the trains - at a position
convenient to the trains. Who, in a rush to get their cattletruck
home, is going to go up escalators into a "shopping experience" in
search of a cup of tea?

Interesting to note that the one ground-floor level shop remaining in
the artist's impression is some sort of fashion emporium. That says it
all really! I've just to GOT to get my latest Gucci handbag en route
to platform 19 for the 18.20 to Staines!

Marc.