Old November 16th 10, 03:54 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Waterloo concourse ideas - NR press release

In message , at 12:00:07 on
Tue, 16 Nov 2010, Bruce remarked:

It does not detract from the fine architecture
of the listed building and it will free up the concourse and allow
much easier circulation. No-one is being forced to shop there, and
the current shop units are very much in the way.

It appears to me to be a good thing for passengers, shoppers,
retailers and Network Rail. Win/win/win/win.

What's not to like?

Are there still some shops/kiosks as you go through the barriers, or
were those a casualty of the automatic barriering? And if so, will they
be kept. Those are the only ones I used to buy from, and I wouldn't be
very impressed with having to detour upstairs.