Old November 16th 10, 09:50 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Waterloo concourse ideas - NR press release

On Nov 16, 6:25*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

"Roland Perry" wrote:

Are there still some shops/kiosks as you go through the barriers, or were
those a casualty of the automatic barriering? And if so, will they be
kept. Those are the only ones I used to buy from, and I wouldn't be very
impressed with having to detour upstairs.

PS to earlier reply, the NR 'stations made easy' is relevant to this. * IF
it is correct, there is only one food outlet in the _centre_ of the
concourse. *So posters worried about the loss of catering en route to their
trains seem to be 'misremembering' the current situation...

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/statio.../WAT/plan.html

See my reply to your other post - whilst that appears accurate in
terms of the kiosks in amongst the breaks in the gateline array, I'm
not so sure there's only one food and/or drink outlet in the centre of
the concourse - I was there a little earlier this evening, there's one
shown on the 'stations made easy' above but I'm pretty sure there's at
least one other, however but I wasn't really paying them much
attention. What can be said is that the above map/ diagram doesn't
illustrate quite how much space the retail outlets that exist on the
concourse take up.