Old November 18th 10, 12:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Waterloo concourse ideas - NR press release

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 09:20:23AM +0000, Peter Campbell Smith wrote:

I agree. The removal of the retail outlets between the platforms and the
concourse (in order to install the ticket barriers) has given a new open
feel to the concourse, and the proposed balcony will not affect that.
Contrast that with the western side of Victoria, where the platforms are
buried under the shopping centre.

Not that it really matters, as the *concourse* where you spend far more
time is still a nice big space. Platforms for trains are pretty much
always only announced when the train is ready to start boarding, so
passengers will hardly ever spend any time on the platform itself other
than that taken to walk from the barrier to the train.

Despite the shopping centre, I far prefer the western side of Victoria
to the eastern. It feels like there's more room on the concourse, even
though I doubt that there really is any more room.

--
David Cantrell | top google result for "internet beard fetish club"

Irregular English:
you have anecdotes; they have data; I have proof