Old November 18th 10, 04:52 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Q Q is offline

Default cross-london tickets with tube strike

"Paul Rigg" wrote in message

Just as a matter of interest, if there was a tube strike and you had (for
example) a ticket from Chelmsford to Leeds would you be able to use HS1 to
get from Stratford to St Pancras? Or can you do that anyway (ie even
when there isn't a tube strike).

Only if a specific easement was set out for that and I don't remember seeing
anything, but may well be wrong. I don't know my HS1 routing as I've had no
involvement in that myself.

Also depends if the ticket was route London or not.

Also worth pointing out TfL won't pay *any* delay repay stuff related to
strike action anyway, and if I'm being really cynical then any TOC might say
'Well you know there is a strike on so leave enough time to make your
published connections' (If starting a journey).If your on a X-London
transfer as part of a journey leg then I'd expect the onward TOC to
accommodate you on the next *reasonable* service.

Reasonable may be that you have a 2hr+ wait at KGX to go north in the
evening rush.