Old November 19th 10, 02:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default National Rail season tickets and Oyster

"Roy Badami" wrote:
With Oyster now available on National Rail, can/are National Rail
season tickets (for travel within Oyster rail area) now issued on
Oyster cards, or are they still paper-only?

Paper only - and a photocard is needed too even for a weekly (normal
everywhere else I know but things have changed in London - printed weekly
Travelcards don't now require one even if bought from an NR station).
Courtesy of the power of inertia I've come across a few people who've
shelled out more than they needed to, paying for each days journeys on
Oyster PAYG when a rail-only season would have been cheaper - but they
couldn't quite get it sorted to, er, sort out a photocard.

One other things that's worth noting - all rail-only seasons in Greater
London are priced on a zonal basis, but issued on a point-to-point basis -
so it's worth considering whether one might want to get it issued from a
different origin/ to a different destination so as to get that little bit
extra validity thrown in for when one might find it useful.