Old November 19th 10, 04:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mike Bristow Mike Bristow is offline

Default 9 out of 10 people can easily use London Transport...

In article ,
trainmanUK wrote:
I think they could have done much more with the money spent if they
targeted the spening in a more sensible way. For example they are
currently making Green Park accesible at a huge cost.

That's being paid for out of the Olypic/Paralypic budgets, because
it's the nearest station to a venue used in the Paralympics.

They could have got a lot more stations done if they spent it on the
Subsurface stations on the circle line. A scheme to link the main
line termini is surely long overdue. And why dont they do such
stations as Covent Garden which already has lifts so only need a small
lift for stairs down to the platforms.

It's a non-trivial problem to optimize, frankly. Euston Square is
less important to make accessible now that Kings X is accessible
because there are good bus links between the two (and busses are
accessible), for example; stations which are good interchanges are
important compared to stations which aren't; but there is no point
is /just/ making Zone 1 stations accessible, 'cos there aren't many
people living in Zone 1 compared to the suburbs.

I do not envy those who try and form sensible policy in this area.

--
Mike Bristow