Old November 19th 10, 05:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Smyth Peter Smyth is offline

Default 9 out of 10 people can easily use London Transport...

"Paul Terry" wrote in message
In message , Bruce
writes

Just try taking a small child on the Tube with a
pushchair. Or more than one child. It's a nightmare.

It would be far less of a problem if parents didn't keep their kids in
pushchairs for much longer than used to be the case - it encourages
the use of large buggies and sets the seeds of obesity in many
children.

Back in the 50s, most kids were out of pushchairs and toddling on
reins by or soon after the age of 2. I don't know why reins are so
rarely used these days, as it is so much easier to pick up the toddler
where necessary (on escalators or while 'minding the gap') than trying
to manipulate some huge baby limousine on and off buses or the tube.

On the subject of pushchairs, there was a message on the whiteboard at
Highbury & Islington today saying that pushchairs are not allowed on the
Victoria Line unless folded. Is this official LU policy as I have not
seen this anywhere before?

Peter Smyth