Old November 20th 10, 04:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default 9 out of 10 people can easily use London Transport...

On Nov 20, 5:02*pm, Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 20/11/2010 16:31, MIG wrote:

It it's "this is all we can afford for now, but it's a step in the
right direction and we can build on it", then it might be acceptable.

Exactly.

As long as money is finite someone is going to get a less than perfect
situation for the time being. And isn't everyone a special case these days?

I dunno about special case, but if "someone" always corresponds to the
same few people, they are going to be upset.

There's a difference between

"we are always increasing the number of facilities available to 100%
of people, but we can't afford to do all of them at once"

and

"we are working towards making all facilities available to 95% of
people because we can't afford to make them available to everyone".

Both situations would be less than perfect, and both might be better
than the status quo, but the attitude behind each lack of perfection
is very different.