Old November 21st 10, 10:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default 9 out of 10 people can easily use London Transport...

On Nov 21, 10:51*am, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at
20:35:17 on Sat, 20 Nov 2010, Arthur Figgis
remarked:

"we are always increasing the number of facilities available to 100%
of people, but we can't afford to do all of them at once"

Is it ever going to be more than 99.999...% of people? Some are
probably incompatible with each other (though in many cases out of
choice).

Is there a recognised maximum percentage of the number of people capable
of using public transport - in other words discounting those in
hospital, housebound, agraphobics, and other such circumstances?

It's possibly an interesting point, but the distinction I was making
was not so much about the 100% as about the difference between "most
facilities" and "most people". I can accept that not all facilities
can instantly be made as accessible as possible. I can't accept the
attitude that some people are never going to be bothered with. Both
might be expressed in terms of limited funds available.

Anyway, isn't 99.9 recurring exactly the same number as 100?