Old November 23rd 10, 01:29 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default BBC London News

Mizter T wrote:

"Chris Tolley" (ukonline really) wrote:

MIG wrote:

The newsreaders just keep on dumbly reading it out every half hour.
You'd think that the London travel newsroom would have some vague
idea about transport in London.

Would you? Why? Do you think it is a requirement for people who
mention
London in the things they read out to be Londoners?

Except that's not what MIG said.

What isn't? I'm asking questions which are clearly about what MIG said.

He didn't mention anything about Londoners, let alone any requirement to
be
one.

I know. I can't see what your problem is with what I asked. Did you miss
the question mark between the "Why" and the "Do", thus misreading the
question?

Why did you introduce the Londoners concept? The way you worded your
question implied that that's what MIG either said or thinks (a little akin
to 'How often do you beat you wife?', though hardly of the same league).

FWIW, I'd certainly think - indeed expect - that a "London travel newsroom
would have some vague idea about transport in London" - I'm not sure that's
so contentious a point. His preceding sentence about "newsreaders [who] just
keep on dumbly reading it out" does complicate his point a bit, as we've
discussed.