Old November 23rd 10, 01:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Oyster top-up threshold increased to ukp8

"Roland Perry" wrote:

In message , at 13:08:59 on Tue,
23 Nov 2010, Mizter T remarked:

"From 2 January 2011, the minimum balance on your Oyster card before it
is automatically topped up is changing from £5 to £8. This is to ensure
that all customers with Auto top-up will always have enough credit on
their cards for any journey they wish to make."

Slightly misleading original subject line though - this is in relation to
*Auto* top-up, and is not to be confused with the £5 minimum top-up rule
at Tube station ticket offices (which seemingly isn't always enforced)

Yes, I unfortunately missed out a word - now included.

I just thought I'd clarify it quickly so as to try and avert any misplaced
red mist descending amongst our contributors!

(If I'm being a pedant I'm not sure a subject line that includes "top-up
threshold" without any mention of "auto" is necessarily that much clearer -
but pedantry aside the body of your post made clear what this was about.)

Would be interesting to know broadly what proportion of Oyster cards in
regular usage (FSVO regular usage of course!) have Auto top-up enabled on
them - it'll be a minority, but how much of a minority would be interesting
to know.