Old November 23rd 10, 04:15 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default BBC London News

"Graham Harrison" wrote:
I think the statements that spooked the markets came from a forthright
and particularly well-informed senior manager of QANTAS.

Didn't help I agree although whether he was as well informed as he thought
he was is another matter.

Well, at the start, he called it right. The as the story unfolded, he
called it right. The eventual solution? He called that right too.

From the beginning to the end (today's announcement of a limited
return to traffic) he called it right.

He was either particularly well-informed or spectacularly lucky.
Personally, I don't think luck came into it.

Perhaps you felt he came across as a little arrogant, but I think it
was the mark of a man who knew his subject inside out and wasn't
afraid to speak his mind. So he upset a few people at RR? Strikes me
that they needed a kick up the backside.

But I'm not a Little Englander who objects when someone well-informed
from a former British colony fearlessly speaks their mind ... I
admired him for what he did in defence of his employer, the
international airline with the best reputation for safety of any in
the world.