Old November 23rd 10, 05:00 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default BBC London News

On Nov 23, 3:21*pm, Fat richard wrote:
On Nov 23, 8:06*am, MIG wrote:

On good form today with reports of South Eastern services suspended
between Shepherds Bush and Milton Keynes.

If you will indulge me, I will rewind a bit back to the beginning.

snip interesting explanation of how the chain becomes broken just to
stop this being too long

I was in a hurry, but to put it into context ...

I was listening to a news report (TV in fact) and I heard "Major
disruption ... South Eastern ..."

I was already cursing before I cottoned on that this was, in fact, a
story about disruption on the WCML (or perhaps that's not a story any
more).

I was not taking the PIS out of them getting the TOC wrong, because
I'm all in favour of not even advertising the TOC.

And I'm not criticising those in the chain that got broken. I am
critisicing people in a local newsroom who seem to have bugger all to
do except read out sixty seconds of the same script every half hour
and don't seem to give a sh*t that the script is nonsense with respect
to a local area that they are supposed to know about.

This time, I think they started getting the TOC right after an hour
and a half, but still didn't bill it as a story about the WCML.