Old November 23rd 10, 10:34 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default BBC London News

On 23/11/2010 23:15, Mizter T wrote:

On Nov 23, 10:47 pm, Arthur
wrote:

On 23/11/2010 10:52, George wrote:

In fairness that was a fairly minor error although it is sloppy and
unprofessional, the best one I heard (can't remember which radio
station) was a report of delays on the Hammersmith Line and also
delays on the City Line, they hadn't realised the H&C is one line

I've seen that in "official" material at least once.

TfL official? Or a bit removed from that - e.g. Bombardier official,
or Westinghouse (or whoever) official, or Network Rail official or
whatever?

I would guess some combination of National Rail Enquiries, Southern and
FCC. A while ago I was contemplating a sign at East Croydon. I ran
thought it a few times, mentally crossing out the multiple negatives,
then suddently realised whoever wrote it probably hadn't actually
designed it as a complex but still coherent logical puzzle...

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK