Old November 23rd 10, 10:40 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default BBC London News

On Nov 23, 11:00*pm, Arthur Figgis
wrote:

On 23/11/2010 13:23, Mizter T wrote:

I think they're well aware of the reach of their signal, particularly
w.r.t. travel news (for general news it's not unreasonable to expect
that listeners would turn to their local, home counties station

Do the BBC ever do much general news which is heavily slanted towards
things of interest in the home counties?

Er, pass. My point was just that BBC London radio [1] might regard
their travel news remit as running a bit wider than the patch they
focus on for news editorial purposes, because of RDS, because people
travelling in and out of the metropolis are likely to be interested
etc. That said, BBC London is a so-called 'tri-media' operation (tv,
radio, online) - and the area covered by the respective television and
radio signals will be a bit different (and analogue and digital will
themselves be a bit different) - whether BBC London do have specific
policies as to what they cover and where and whether this differs
between outlets I don't know, though rumour has it the BBC London
website can be even be reached from Middlesbrough.