Old November 24th 10, 10:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Rail fares up by average 6.2% in new year - BBC News

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 10:04:59AM -0800, D1039 wrote:
On Nov 23, 5:34=A0pm, allantracy wrote:
The trouble is the country and therefore, by definition, the coalition
have been dropped in the **** by Labour.

A lower deficit than US, a lower debt than Germany...but I don't
expect we'll agree on that

So (ignoring the possible confusion here between deficit and debt) some
other people are even more ****ed than we are. Doesn't mean that we're
therefore OK.

What the coalition is doing is simply defering capital expends into
future periods, in my view wrongly [you get more in periods of low
demand and it's economically illiterate] and without mandate [the
LibDems campaigned against the cuts we are seeing now].

FWIW, I'm a lib dem member, and I say the party should have campaigned
on a platform of *far* greater cuts in state expenditure than we've seen
so far.

Incidentally, in the recent "Trillion Pound Nightmare" programme on
Channel 4, no mention was made of PFI debts. Are those included
in the 4.8 trillion debt, or is that another trillion on top of it?

--
David Cantrell | Minister for Arbitrary Justice

If you have received this email in error, please add some nutmeg
and egg whites, whisk, and place in a warm oven for 40 minutes.