Old November 24th 10, 08:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default 9 out of 10 people can easily use London Transport...

On 23/11/2010 14:59, Basil Jet wrote:

I'm still laughing at Bruce calling me anti-disabled, when I'm just
anti-cost.

It occurs to me that the introduction of the cycle hire scheme must have
massively reduced the "average accessibility" (IYSWIM) of London's
public transport. AFAIK there are no bike stands offering tandems with
sighted riders able to steer visually-impaired riders*, or tricycles
like the one a chap I used to know used because of his difficulties with
walking.

*My grandfather used to do this with a cycling club in the very distant
past.
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK