Old November 25th 10, 10:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default Pedestrianisation Of Oxford Street This Weekend

Peter Campbell Smith wrote:
Tom Anderson wrote in
arth.li:

What we need is some sort of aerial contraption that moves people
around at a separated, higher, grade - an elevated railway, a
monorail, a cablecar, spare T5 pod-u-likes, something like that.

Or what about a lower level? You could have some sort of subterranean
contraption with stops at, say, Marble Arch, Bond Street, Oxford Circus and
Tottenham Court Road.

That's a very good idea, but the very high cost of a tunnelled
solution in these straitened times would make people angry.

I suppose we could call it "Cross Rail"?