Old November 26th 10, 06:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Thameslink programme to go ahead "in it's entirety"

In message , at 21:17:40 on Thu,
25 Nov 2010, Roy Badami remarked:
Isn't that being done by some sort of kludge, rather than lengthening
both platforms 1 & 4 so that all trains could be 12-car, as was
originally proposed?

What kind of kludge? I thought I read here that some work (not sure
what) was done a while back to allow platform 1 to accommodate the
12-car trains.

I don't think the 12-car trains straddle platforms 1 & 4, if that's
what you mean?

Yes, that's what I meant; but I haven't seen any positive indications
either way (other than perhaps a lack of people commenting how they've
seen a 12-car in Platform 1 that didn't foul the x-over).