Old November 26th 10, 12:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Thameslink programme to go ahead "in it's entirety"

In article , (Roland
Perry) wrote:

In message , at 21:17:40 on
Thu, 25 Nov 2010, Roy Badami remarked:
Isn't that being done by some sort of kludge, rather than lengthening
both platforms 1 & 4 so that all trains could be 12-car, as was
originally proposed?

What kind of kludge? I thought I read here that some work (not sure
what) was done a while back to allow platform 1 to accommodate the
12-car trains.

I don't think the 12-car trains straddle platforms 1 & 4, if that's
what you mean?

Yes, that's what I meant; but I haven't seen any positive
indications either way (other than perhaps a lack of people
commenting how they've seen a 12-car in Platform 1 that didn't foul
the x-over).

Do keep up, Roland! Class 317 12 car trains could already fit in platform
1 but class 365 units are slightly longer so the platform had to be
slightly extended. There were no changes at the crossover end at all.

--
Colin Rosenstiel