Old November 26th 10, 03:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Thameslink programme to go ahead "in it's entirety"

"1506" wrote:

On Nov 26, 3:21 pm, "Ian Bidwell" wrote:

It may be that only the semi fast run on Thames link with the fasts and
slows still running into KX. The statement talks about services to Herts
and
Cambs using TL but no mention of Norfolk, so Kings Lynn may no be
included.
There was also talk of using IEP stock to Cambridge, so there should be
spare 317s to redeploy yet again

What sort of junction is there going to be, to the north of St
Pancras Low Level? Is it flat, or non-conflicting?

See my reply to Roland Perry about this - the junction immediately north of
'SPILL' is a non-conflicting dive-under and furthermore it already exists as
it was built as part of the CTRL works, albeit without any tracks in it yet.
The tunnels switch from being bored to cut and cover and then emerge near
the GN lines north of King's Cross - I'm not quite sure what the plan is for
the junction here though, but it's worth bearing in mind there are some
fly-overs on the GN just north of this.