Old February 2nd 04, 12:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Ken Wheatley Ken Wheatley is offline

Default Save the 73 Routemaster!!!!

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 14:46:26 +0000, Neil Williams
wrote:

I personally very much agree with the "cashless bus" concept - and this
together with fast loading/unloading allows the operation of a very
"efficient" service. I know this because I've experienced it on the
Continent.

I prefer what seems to be more normal on the continent. For most
people it is cashless. But you can, if you like, buy a ticket from the
driver and then validate it in the machine. This is the situation on,
e.g. the Brussels buses and trams.

I agree in essence with what Ken's trying to do but it seems a little
absolute. Tourists, for instance, may have difficulty that could be
avoided with a little flexibility.