Old November 27th 10, 09:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Thameslink programme to go ahead "in it's entirety"

In message
, at
15:49:39 on Fri, 26 Nov 2010, D7666 remarked:
its a Kings Lynn route speed and ECML capacity enhancement (125 mph
running) that has a side effect of DISplacing 365s.

Ah yes, I see - actually 115 mph would do, as the only 125 is through
Knebworth and Stevenage

Yep, run the Cambridge Cruisers and the Lynns at full line speed be it
115/125 whatever

What's the current line speed between Royston and Cambridge (and
beyond). I remember a major track improvement project about nine years
ago which clipped an astonishing [sarcasm] one and a half minutes from
the time to London, through South Cambs. But the trains don't feel
particularly fast. 80mph perhaps...