Old February 2nd 04, 07:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mark Brader Mark Brader is offline

Default Heavy steel doors at Holborn

Two weeks ago, Nick Cooper wrote:
I'm currently wading through the wartime daily bombing reports for
"key points," sifting out all the LU-related railway incidents ...

Also almost finished identifying by name the vast majority of the
wartime fatalities on LU property, including - on an even more
melancholic note - a certain amount of myth-shattering r.e.
Bounds Green.

"Rails Through the Clay" says that at Bounds Green "19 shelterers
were killed and 52 injured ... when a bomb reached the platforms of
the Piccadilly Line, which is ascending at this point to reach the
surface just beyong the station." This was on 1940-10-13, the day
before the bomb at Balham that killed considerably more people.
There's myth to shatter here?
--
Mark Brader | "I do not want to give the impression I spend all
Toronto | my time on the Internet, but in the right hands