Old November 28th 10, 12:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Tube Strike - Sun 28 (evening of) and Mon 29 Nov (all day)

On Nov 27, 11:44*pm, John Ray
wrote:
[snip]
A friend has to travel from Plumstead to Euston on Monday morning; she
has an Apex ticket for the 1007 to Liverpool Lime Street, so does not
want to miss that train.

It seems that she can take a Southeastern train to London Bridge and try
her luck on the Northern Line, or alternatively take a Southeastern
train to Charing Cross and go for the 91 bus. Does anybody have any
suggestions, please, as to the best course, and how much time should she
allow for the connection from London Bridge or Charing Cross to Euston?

It's just over one and a half miles from Charing X to Euston, so
walking isn't an outlandish option - it'd take half hour or so,
dependent on pace - see walkit.com/london (usual caveats about those
with impaired mobility apply). It's what I'd do.

Other bus alternatives are the 59, 68 or 168 from Waterloo to Euston.
The 91 might possibly be advantageous however as it starts at
Trafalgar Square/ Charing Cross, so there could be a better chance of
getting on it, I'm not sure though. The timing isn't great - she'll be
making this trip in the rush hour, and during strikes the buses are in
heavy demand at the London termini stations.

Others will (/may) be better able to advise about what Tube services
might be running, and to what extent, though I don't think anyone inc.
LU really know what will happen until the day, bearing in mind that
the picture can alter at shift change times too - all depends who and
how many staff turn up.

(Can't see that changing to the DLR at Woolwich Arsenal to get into
town would be any help, FWIW.)