Old November 28th 10, 09:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Is Countdown usually this confused?

On Nov 28, 10:35*am, wrote:

In article ,
(Lewis A) wrote:

On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 19:29:26 +0000, Paul Corfield
wrote:

I happened to see that the Countdown displays on Oxford Street outside
John Lewis were all happily displaying bus arrival times even though
the entire street was closed for the VIP event and no bus will turn up
for about another 2 hours!

Please say there were people queueing, looking at their watches and
tutting!

No. There wasn't more than one other waiting with me. Most people got on
the 63. If you're going to Blackfriars as I more often am at that point,
it's just as good as the 45.

Or, indeed, south of the river - they run parallel from same route
from under Holborn Viaduct down to Elephant & Castle. They're used by
some commuters as a nifty way of getting to points north from
Southwark tube station.

The top-deck of the 63 provides some good views of the TL works at
Farringdon and also Blackfriars (if you cross the bridge on it).