Old November 28th 10, 10:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Tube Strike - Sun 28 (evening of) and Mon 29 Nov (all day)

In message
, at
02:34:55 on Sun, 28 Nov 2010, MIG
remarked:
I'd suggest taking Thameslink from London Bridge to St Pancras, then
walking. The exit at St Pancras is on the west side of the station and
there's a back-street route to Euston.

The first Thameslink train to do the London Bridge route is due at St
Pancras at 0932 I think, so even if it's on time, that's cutting it
fine for the 1007 from Euston. I wouldn't fancy depending on that.

I didn't realise the earliest train was that late in the morning - I'm
sure I've done Gatwick-London Bridge (then change for Waterloo East)
earlier than that.

The walk is half a mile (9 minutes), as the crow flies it's the same as
the entire length of the St Pancras double-shed. http://goo.gl/maps/Nx3i

Looking at it from another angle: if the recommended minimum connection
between SPILL and Euston is 35 minutes or less, if the Thameslink
train's delayed, would they be permitted to travel on the next Liverpool
even with the AP ticket?