Old November 28th 10, 11:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Is Countdown usually this confused?

In article
,
(Mizter T) wrote:

On Nov 28, 12:03*am, wrote:

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:
[Countdown]
Yes it can get confused. *My guess is that because the 45 and 63
start one stop earlier at St Pancras International there is
something odd about how it deals with reality against possibly
using a scheduled departure time (i.e. the timetable). *I may, of
course, be talking complete nonsense!

I happened to see that the Countdown displays on Oxford Street
outside John Lewis were all happily displaying bus arrival times
even though the entire street was closed for the VIP event and no
bus will turn up for about another 2 hours!

The Cambridge real time bus information displays do distinguish real
time from timetable information which does reduce the confusion.
Minutes to go mean there is real time data, a clock time means it's
just in the timetable.

Are some buses just not plugged into the system at all in Cambridge
though?

At some stops, yes.

--
Colin Rosenstiel