Old November 28th 10, 12:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Tube Strike - Sun 28 (evening of) and Mon 29 Nov (all day)

In message , at 12:34:40 on
Sun, 28 Nov 2010, Jeremy Double remarked:
On 28/11/2010 12:18, Roland Perry wrote:

Finally, it's only half a mile walk from Cannon St to City Thameslink
station.

But if you're trying to get from the (former) Southern region to St
Pancras, then there are two cases:

1. If luggage is an issue, then a half mile walk Cannon Street to City
Thameslink plus another walk from St Pancras to Euston seems to be a
bit problematic, and going to Charing Cross and taking a bus or taxi
would seem to be a better bet.

But the roads are likely to be jammed.

2. If luggage is not an issue, then walking 1.5 miles from Charing
Cross to Euston would probably be as quick as, if not quicker than, two
walks plus a Thameslink trip.

Jogging would be quickest, but that's not a criterion. I'm suggesting
two half-mile walks on relatively straight-forward and unlikely to be
crowded roads (in particular no major road junctions to cross). Versus a
mile and a half through the busiest part of Central London with many
large junctions and possibilities to get lost (unless you pick the very
busiest roads!) So I'm going for ease and reliability (plus a rest in
the middle).