Old November 28th 10, 12:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Is Countdown usually this confused?

On Nov 28, 1:20*pm, Neil Williams
wrote:
On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 05:13:18 -0800 (PST), MIG

wrote:
Is there a display? *I seem to remember the displays being in place
about three years ago, saying that they were under test. *Last time I
looked, they were still under test.

They're "working" now. *For some values of "working".

The whole thing was a mis-planned waste of money. *As another example,
no displays are provided at the railway station, which is easily in
the top 4 busiest locations on the network. *(This was supposedly
because of difficulty getting agreement on where to put them as much
of it isn't Council land, but such things are not insurmountable).

I did wonder about that rather grand omission. But I would have
thought, er ... by the bus stops? One would have thought that it was
a yes/no question "can we put them by the bus stops?" rather any issue
of where.