Old November 28th 10, 01:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default Tube Strike - Sun 28 (evening of) and Mon 29 Nov (all day)

On 28/11/10 13:29, Mizter T wrote:

On Nov 28, 12:28 pm, Tim wrote:

On 26/11/10 00:54, Mizter T wrote:

It's that time again folks:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/17529.aspx

I'm going to post this as a quasi public service announcement if for
no other reason than having ballsed up the dates of the strike the
last time round I wish to demonstrate that I'm not completely
calendrical-phobic (to coin a particularly dodgy phrase!).

I'm sure there's a business opportunity here for canoeists on the
river or some such - of course if it gets really cold then skate hire
might be the thing.

Sorry if I've missed this:

does the strike affect the London Overground, specifically Clapham Jnc
to Kensington Olympia?

No, LO will be running, though will be busier than normal as people
divert away from the Tube network. There may well be delays due to of
slow boarding because of mass of numbers on the LO network. Note that
stations managed by LU where LO calls might be affected.

OK - thanks for that. I can Boris Bike but SWMBO works in Hammersmith so
a slightly tortuous route to Ken Olympia and she can do a 25 min walk...

Either that or a No 9 from CHX to Hammersmith but I saw the scrum there
last strike day - had a contingent of police on duty!

--
Tim Watts