Old November 28th 10, 02:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Nicola Redwood Nicola Redwood is offline

Default Tube Strike - Sun 28 (evening of) and Mon 29 Nov (all day)

The first strike, I decided to go up to Stratford to from Walthamstow (I'm a
10 min walk from Blackhorse Rd). Absolute nightmare mostly due to all the
roadworks. I then got the DLR to Canary wharf and then another to Cutty
Sark then a bus down Trafalgar Road to work. To me over 4 hours.

Going back I got a bus to North Greenwich, then the 108 to Startford. When
I had got to Stratford, they had a marshall service and special buses
through to Leytonstone from where I got a W15 back home

The 2nd strike was a bit better. I walked to Tottenham Hale and went
through to Archway on a 41 to get the Northern Line to London Bridge and
then as normal SouthEastern to Maze Hill. Took over 2 hours. Same way back
this time, but no special bus service, so I just got a 158 towards Chingford
and got off at Blackhorse Road

The 3rd strike, again I walked to Tottenham Hale, got a 41 and got off at
Seven Sisters and then almost a normal journey (a bit quicker even due to
some stations on the Northern Line being closed) to London Bridge and then
Maze Hill. Same way back home as per the previous strike

I shall be walking down to Tottenham Hale again tomorrow in sub-zero
temperatures