Old November 28th 10, 07:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Paul Scott[_3_] Paul Scott[_3_] is offline

Default Thameslink programme to go ahead "in it's entirety"

"Grumpy" wrote in message

My understanding of the present is that FCC have 86*319 sets,and
23*377's for the present Thameslink service. Say 436 carriages.

On the GN they have 13*321,12*317, and 40*365. Say 260 carriages, or a
total of 696 between the two routes. In addition I believe they have
around 46*313 ie another 138 carriages bringing our total to 834.
Which is an awful lot less than 1200. In fact it's approx 90*4 car
sets worth.

Are you not forgetting that the same 1200 new carriages also replace a
significant number of current Southern and Southeastern services? And the
other key point is that most services will be 12 car equivalent rather than
8, even before you consider the 8 to 12tph increase. Then extend out to
more distant destinations on the southern routes as well as Cambridge or
wherever on the GN, and I think soaking up 1200 carriages will not be too
difficult at all.

Paul S