Old November 29th 10, 12:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Tube Strike - Sun 28 (evening of) and Mon 29 Nov (all day)

On Nov 28, 8:31*pm, Fat richard wrote:

On Nov 28, 11:19*am, Mizter T wrote:

Re the bus fare - this got brought up recently on uk.railway - my
reckoning is that *if* a National Rail ticket includes a cross-London
tube transfer (i.e. it features the '+' symbol/ Maltese cross in the
route field) then on a Tube strike day it should be valid for travel
on the buses in order to make the transfer between the relevant London
termini.

However in this case it's entirely dependent on whether or not the
ticket is for travel from Plumstead, in which case cross-London
transfer would be included, or from Euston, in which case it obviously
wouldn't be.

In a staff brief I recieved (as per other strikes) it specifically
stated that tickest can NOT be used on buses. Whilst not related
perfectly, it is worth noting that most London Centric TOCs have
reciprical arrangements (pretty muc free) with London Underground,
wheras when London Buses are used to pass customers this is done as a
financial arrangement and it ain't cheap.

I was specifically referring to NR tickets that have cross-London
transfer included (i.e. the Maltese cross / '+' symbol), but my logic
is that it'd just London Buses passing tickets on behalf of LU (i.e.
as if they were any ordinary Tube ticket, accepted on the buses
because of the strike) - no reciprocal arrangement or financial
payment from the TOC would need to be involved, as it would just be
one arm of TfL fulfilling the travel deal in place of another.